Ever since the all-conquering social platform, Facebook introduced Facebook Dating, it seems that people won’t stop exploring all features on this app.
One of those features is the Facebook Dating location which definitely has an impact on people's matches and once you change the location it can actually improve chances for finding and meeting more people outside your area.
Reasons why people want to change their location on Facebook Dating
There are various reasons why those who use Facebook Dating want to change location.
- To see new profiles and meet new interesting profiles for potential dates.
- The people in your area won’t see your Facebook Dating so you’ll have increased privacy.
- To find the right individual for you since you will be meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds.
How to change the location on Facebook Dating - a short guide
You can change your location on the Facebook Dating app in just a few steps. When you change the location manually, as described down below, the app will help you match with people in your immediate area. However, the location will be changed on its own location services and you cannot customize that.
Quick Tip: When you manually updated your location it will be updated to the nearest location to you.
- First, open Facebook Dating app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (top of your screen).
- Tap on Dating and then on Profile.
- Then, click on Edit.
- From there, tap on Dating Location.
- Next, tap on Update Dating Location.
- Lastly, tap on Save.
How to turn on and turn off Facebook Location Services
- First, go to your home screen.
- Then, tap on Settings.
- From there, scroll till you see Apps - tap on that.
- Then, tap on Facebook and then on Permissions.
- Lastly, select either, Allow all the time, Allow only while using app, or Deny.
- Open Facebook Dating and navigate to your home screen.
- Then, tap on Settings and tap on Privacy.
From there, tap on Location Services and toggle it on and off.
Can I fake the location in Facebook Dating?
Yes, you can certainly do this. Actually, faking your location can unlock more profiles which means bigger chances for you to find your true match. However, to do this, you’ll need the help of some third-party apps, for instance, MockGo.
You can easily change your location with this desktop application and this changes your GPS location on your device to anywhere you want in the world - again giving you the opportunity to explore new potential matches.
The key features of MockGo are:
- Changing the GPS to anywhere in the world (just with one single click).
- Choosing the location to teleport to by typing in the address of coordinates.
- It can stimulate GPS movement.
- It has an advanced map view that displays the location.
So, if you want to use this application to change your location on Facebook Dating, this is what you’ll need to do:
- First and foremost, download and install the program on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Launch the MockGo application and click on Start.
- When the program detects your mobile device, you will notice a map with the current location. Just click on the Teleport Mode icon (upper right corner).
- Then, in the search bar, type in the address or the coordinates of the target location.
- Next, drag the pin to refine the location and choose the option Move Here to change it on your smartphone automatically.
And that is it. Now you can open Facebook Dating and you will be able to see and interact with other profiles worldwide, just like you wanted.
On the other hand, if you don't want to use Facebook Dating anymore, you might as well delete it and we have the right blog post on that too.