Netflix is currently the leading streaming platform in the US, with more than 214 million subscribers. The biggest percent of Americans also use iOS and MacBooks, so having an option to watch Netflix using your MacBook or iPad would be an optimal possibility.
However, there are versions of the Netflix app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, but what about MacBooks (Mac Operating System)?
Can I download Netflix movies on my MacBook?
Currently, there is no Netflix for the MacBooks version of the app. The only way to watch Netflix on your Mac is directly from the web browser. When using Netflix services from a web browser, watching Netflix offline on a Mac will not work.
Fortunately, the Netflix app is available for all iOS devices, so you can simply switch to your phone or iPad, where you can watch Netflix offline, and download movies or TV shows without the hassle of downloading anything additional to enable offline viewing.
However, for those willing to go the extra mile to be able to use Netflix streaming services offline.
Learn how to also download titles on Netflix.
Many articles will give you too complex solutions to this issue, one of them being to install Windows, but there is a much simpler solution to this issue. You can download a player - QuickTime Player. Since most other Apple products have a Netflix app, there’s a way for you to be able to watch the shows you want.
- Connect your Mac to your phone with a USB cable.
- Open the QuickPlayer app on your laptop.
- Click on File in the upper left part of the screen. Click on ‘New Movie Recording’.
- Open your control panel, and tap on the arrow located right next to the ‘Record’ button.
- Under ‘Microfone’ select ‘iPhone’. This will basically make your laptop screen record everything from your phone.
- Open the Netflix app on your iPhone, and play the movie you want to watch on your Mac.
- Click on the ‘Record’ button on your Mac, and then tap ‘Play’ on your iPhone.
- The movie will be playing on your laptop while recording everything in the background.
- After finishing, don’t forget to click ‘Stop recording’ and ‘Save’. This will save the movie on your laptop, so you can watch it anytime!
Streaming directly from an iPhone or an iPad to the MacBook
Another option on how you can watch Netflix on your MacBook is streaming directly from your iPhone/iPad using AirPlay.
- You will need WiFi for this. Make sure both your laptop and your phone are connected to the Internet.
- Click on AirPlay, and select ‘Screen Mirroring’.
- From the menu, select your MacBook.
- Open Netflix, select the movie you wish to stream. Click ‘Play’, and the movie will start playing on your laptop. However, this might drain your phone battery!
How to download movies from Netflix on your iPad
Although watching Netflix movies offline on a MacBook is extremely complicated, downloading on your iPhone or iPad is not that big of a hassle.
- Open the Netflix app on your phone, and open the movie/TV show you want to download.
- Right below the brief description of the movie/TV show, there is a download button. Click on it, and you’ll be able to have it stored to watch it offline!
- Bear in mind that if you wish to download TV shows, you won’t be able to download the whole series in a single click. You will need to repeat this process for each episode you want to have stored.