Amazon’s Virtual Smart Assistant - the Echo Alexa, is currently a part of over 100 million households.
Since the gadget is a smart device, it requires a Wi-Fi network connection, as well as Bluetooth pairing.
You first need to put the smart device in pairing mode, in order to be able to pair a new device, which will allow you to give commands using the newly paired device.
However, many users are wondering how to put Alexa in pairing mode since the process doesn’t seem as obvious as expected.
If you recently purchased an Amazon Echo device, and you’re wondering how you can pair your Echo Dot device, you’re in the right place. Check out the step-by-step process below.
How do I put Alexa in pairing mode?
Follow the steps below to make your device enter pairing mode.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button, and select ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Devices’, and select your device.
- In the ‘General’ section, make sure your Bluetooth is ‘On’.
- Connect the remote to the Alexa device - press the ‘Pair’ button, and enter the PIN code.
Note: The virtual assistant is a smart device that takes voice commands. You can use your voice to give the Echo device commands, such as ‘Activate Pairing Mode’.
How do I pair my phone/Bluetooth speaker to my Amazon Echo device?
- Put the Bluetooth device in ‘Pairing Mode’, followed by opening the app on your phone.
- From the list of options, tap on ‘Devices’, and select ‘Echo & Alexa’.
- Choose your device, tap on ‘Bluetooth Devices’, and then tap on ‘Pair A New Device’.
How do I connect Alexa to Wi-Fi without a remote?
If you don’t have remote access to your Amazon Echo, or you can’t open the Alexa app, you can still connect your virtual assistant to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Amazon Alexa website, and sign in to your account.
- Open the ‘Settings’ section, and click on ‘Set Up A New Device’.
- Select your Alexa device, and tap on ‘Continue’.
- Plug in your Alexa Echo in a power outlet, and wait until the blue light turns orange.
- Click ‘Continue’ when it does.
- On your computer, open Wi-Fi Settings, and click on the network named Amazon-XXX.
- Open the Amazon Alexa website again, and tap ‘Continue’ on the message ‘Your computer is connected’.
- Select your Wi-Fi network, and enter the Wi-Fi password.
How do I connect Alexa to other smart devices?
If you want to expand your list of connected devices by adding security cameras, smart light bulbs, etc., you can, since the virtual assistant has amazing Bluetooth settings allowing all types of connections.
- Open the Alexa app, and tap on ‘Devices’.
- In the top-right corner, press on ‘More’.
- A menu will show up. Tap on ‘Add Device’ from the list of options.
- Select each smart home gadget you wish to connect to your Alexa assistant and follow the instructions given on the screen in the app.
Note: If you’re having trouble finding some of your home gadgets, and you’re sure they’re Alexa-compatible, proceed by restarting your Echo device, and initiating the process again.